Geneo GravesSeptember - 2016
I joined the United States Army in October 1984. I went to Fort Bliss for the worst basic training I've ever had in my life. Then to Fort Lee for AIT training then it was on to Fort Benning for Airborne School. After that I was assigned to the 82nd combat Aviation Battalion at Fort Bragg in North Carolina. Then I attended jungle school at Fort Sherman in Panama.
- In March, 1985 I was blessed and assigned to Special Operations Command at Fort Bragg. I was promoted to Sergeant E-5 with less than 18 months in the Army.
- In December of 1987 I was sent to Germany where I was assigned to the Allied Mobile Special Operations Command for three years.
- I travelled all over Europe during the Cold War Operations. In 1990, I was assigned to the 160th Special Operations Aviation Battalion.
- I went to air assault school, attended light and heavy weapons courses. became the weapons and hand-to-hand combat instructor for the four years I was at Fort Campbell.
- From there I was assigned to D company 160th Special Operations Aviation Panama where we were fighting the war on drugs.
- I joined the Army Reserves in 1996 and was assigned to an MP unit in West Virginia.
- I then moved to Richmond where I was reassigned to a Med Unit in the Army Reserves.
- Then I moved to Georgia when I was reassigned to the 92nd combat camera photography and videography unit that's when I deployed to Kuwait and Iraq in 2003 to 2005.
- In 2009 I was reassigned to the Florida National Guard where I was assigned to Camp Blanding working with a natural disaster Quick Response Unit. I was there until I retired in August of 2013.
I am honored to have received the following medals during my years of service:
- 2 Meritorious Service Medals
- 7 Commendation Medals
- 8 Army Achievement Medals
- National Defense Service Medal
- Good Conduct Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
- Humanitarian Service medal
- Armed Forces Reserve Medal with M device
- Development Ribbon with number 2
- Army Service Ribbons
- Overseas Ribbon with number 2
- Parachutist Badge
- Air Assault Badge
- Vons German Armed Forces badge
- Norwegian Armed Forces Special Parachutist Badge
- German Parachutist Badge
- Jordanian Parachutist Badge
- Egyptian Parachutist Badge